Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#198400 02/17/11 11:08 PM
ron1967 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
what is the color of the engine and associated parts for the 171 engine??

does anyone have a manufacturer and # of the engine paint I should purchase.

I've read blue/gray like S.W. Bell Telephone trucks but I'm from New England and have no idea what that means

thanks

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
We have had many discussions regarding the engine color in the past. You might want to do a search on CC II to find the various discussions regarding the engine color for the four-cylinder models.

The engine paint was like an "OD" (Olive Drab) color. The dark blue-gray was used on the early six cylinder models.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
ron1967 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
new member...how do I do a search??

I tried the "SEARCH" in the heading but it returned multiple topics, is there a "history topic " search that would limit the search selections to only "engine color" ?

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
You can limit the search topics if you use specific words in the search feature or you can also limit the topics to a specific forum. However, the search feature on CC II is extremely difficult and very frustrating to use.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
The paint the "Filling Station" sells is the closest I have found to the original engine color. I have a low mile original 28 truck that has good engine paint on it still. I used that to compare to the new paint and it is just about as close as it gets.

28 Chevy LO Capitol 1 ton, 28 National 2 dr coach, 71 Chevy Custom Camper 3/4 ton. Also 23 Oldsmobile Economy truck and a 24 Olds sport touring.
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Originally Posted by Junkyard Dog
You can limit the search topics if you use specific words in the search feature or you can also limit the topics to a specific forum. However, the search feature on CC II is extremely difficult and very frustrating to use.

laugh wink beer2

I find that the only way to do a search is to click on "advanced" and then fill in five years in the appropriate spot.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.