Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hello to all!

I have been poking around here for a little bit and I wanted to let you know that I am here to answer any questions that you might have about reproduction tires (Goodyear brand).

Unfortuninately, I have to also let you know this information:

I just received word that there will be another price adjustment for Goodyear reproduction tires on March 1st. Please feel free to contact me with your information and I will get a quote out to you ASAP. All orders placed before the March 1st price change will have current pricing. My cell is 816-654-3400

Snarl Softly and Carry a BIG Stick!!!!

1969 Hurst/ Olds
Pure Stock Drag Race Competitor
Rusty Small
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Mr. Smallhurst,

This strikes me as more-or-less an advertisement. However, it is presented in a non-offensive manner. An impending rate increase has long been used as an inducement to buy. Maybe some of the other chat folks will see your messsage and act upon it.

42bill.

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
I already did and am very pleased with the set of 4:75/19 w/s, tubes, and service I got from him. You can see them on my avatar. Just my feelings.

I think I'm a fairly wise person because I'm smart enough to realise I'm not too bright.
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
I too bought tires from smallhurst for my 1968 z/28. I posted a year or so here to inform other member that he can help us get Goodyear tires at a savings. He's not a salesman, just another car person trying to help out in this rough economic times. Keep him in mind when you need Goodyears. I turned Jerrygolf onto him & as you can see he's very pleased...Joe

See America's First...Chevrolet

1931 Sedan Delivery 31570
1933 Standard Sports Coupe 33628.
1934 Master Sedan Delivery Canadian 177/34570
1968 Z/28 Camaro
1969 SS 396 Camaro
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Originally Posted by 42bill
Mr. Smallhurst,

This strikes me as more-or-less an advertisement. However, it is presented in a non-offensive manner. An impending rate increase has long been used as an inducement to buy. Maybe some of the other chat folks will see your messsage and act upon it.

42bill.

I am trying to let people know that the price of tires is due to go up. Typically, Kelsey only has a price adjustment once a year, but the price that was set November 1st is not enough to cover the changes for the rest of the year.

Like stated, I am a car guy just trying to pass along the best price available. I will field any questions that you might have about these tires. If you buy from me, I am happy to have been able to help out. It is a great way for me to talk to more car guys!!!!

1969 Hurst/ Olds
Rusty Small
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Originally Posted by smallhurst
Originally Posted by 42bill
Mr. Smallhurst,

42bill.

I am trying to let people know that the price of tires is due to go up. Typically, Kelsey only has a price adjustment once a year, but the price that was set November 1st is not enough to cover the changes for the rest of the year.

Like stated, I am a car guy just trying to pass along the best price available. I will field any questions that you might have about these tires. If you buy from me, I am happy to have been able to help out. It is a great way for me to talk to more car guys!!!!

You DO have a tire business, am I correct?

Bob

1951 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door sedan / purchased from second owner 6-19-2000.
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
In a word, yes. I am a hobbist try to help others out with getting tires for their cars.

1969 Hurst/ Olds
Rusty Small
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Smallhurst, I bought six Goodyear tires when I restored my 31 coupe. After using them, I now have 3300 miles on them and the quailty of the white wall are disapointing. The rubber wore of of the out side edge of the tire and there is white showing though, there is also an uneven margin around the lip of the tire that makes it look like the white wall was hand painted on. I would think hard about buying Goodyear tires if I were buying another set of whitewall tires for my coupe. I have had judges ask me about the tires at some concours that I have been in.

Sal Orlando
Chat Group Region Member
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I will pass this information along. I am sorry that you have had a negative experience with these.

1969 Hurst/ Olds
Rusty Small
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I just received the new pricing effective March 1. Contact me and I will be happy to share the pricing changes. My cell is 816-654-3400.

1969 Hurst/ Olds
Rusty Small
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Just a nudge about the price increase. Also, I was informed that the raw material prices keep going north. This, unfortuniately, will see more price increases as the year progresses.

1969 Hurst/ Olds
Rusty Small
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Its time to roll our rides out and start enjoying them. I am still around here to give you the best pricing for Goodyear reproduction tires. Do not be afraid to hit me up with any questions.

1969 Hurst/ Olds
Rusty Small
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
I sent an email to Kelsey Tire Dock about Mr. Small AKA Smallhurst, since he is not a VCCA member of record, yet, asking about him just because I want to keep suspected spamers from useing ChatterII.
He is a legitamate Vendor, after all!
Mr. Small (Smallhutst) we hope you will join VCCA soon.
Mrmack.

FYI
I received this info from John Kelsey (Kelsey Tire Dock):

Mr. Small is a reputable supply channel for our Goodyear Collector Series tires. Your members may place their purchases with confidence.

Regards,

Kelsey

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Rusty Small is more into the muscle car scene & I don't know if he'll join our little group. He is here to help us with purchases of tires. I purchased tires for my z/28 & I think a couple of others have also. He gets a better price than we can. My tires were 300.00 each & he got them to me for about 240.00 each delivered. If you want Goodyear, keep him in mind. He's a good guy even he's not a member...Joe

1968 Z/28 Camaro
1969 SS 396 Camaro
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
yeah Joe, I hammer those that are crooks and praise those that give us a good deal.......
Maybe Rusty Small will realize that many of our Chatter II and also VCCA members are Chevrolet performance cars "VARROOOMMMM!" and Corvette owners and fans.....

It is my opinion that we should check out those that offer commercial products here, and let our members in on the "good, the bad and the ugly" ....also I also check the feedback of vendors on eBay....Don't you?

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
I totally agree. Everybody here hopes the information given is what we would do if it was us in the same situation. I also check e-bay seller history before I commit to giving them my hard earned dollars. If I know a of vendor we're discussing & I've had good sales practices with them, I'm going to let others know. I've been know to give "other" opinions also.
I'm on other sites also & this one is the one I praise.
All of us together is what sets this site apart from others. It's good of us to keeps others best interest in mind when we give referals...Joe

1968 Z/28 Camaro
1969 SS 396 Camaro
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Well I't time for me to buy six for the 31 sedan wonder what that will set me back.Mine read 4.75/5.00/5.25/5.50-19 w/w

Wake up to learn something new everyday.
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
How many are you looking for and what is your zipcode? Reply in a PM and I will do so in turn.

1969 Hurst/ Olds
Rusty Small
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
All PM's have been answered.

I have the full catalog of Goodyear classic reproduction tires available to me.

Two years ago, Kelsey came out with a line of Wide White radials that wear the Goodyear name.

All of the tires that Kelsey offers are made in the USA.

If anyone has questions, feel free to get hold of me.

1969 Hurst/ Olds
Rusty Small
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
42 Bill,

I'm wondering if the purpose of this forum is to DISCUSS vendors or for vendors to hawk business?

It was always my thought vendors paid to advertise here at VCCA and this forum was to discuss our experiences, etc with the vendors.

Clarification please.

1951 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door sedan / purchased from second owner 6-19-2000.
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Just tell me what the rules are so that I can play by them.

Bob-- I remember that you ask the question if I run a tire business and I told you in a word, yes. But I am just a hobbist trying to help others out by giving them information and perhaps the best price available for Goodyear reproduction tires. I do not wish to ruffle feathers, I just want to help as many car guys as I can. Please inform me of the proper procedure. Thanks in advance.

1969 Hurst/ Olds
Rusty Small
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Since the heading on this forum is Vendors and Suppliers I suppose that you can do either, buy, sell, or bitch or praise, or whatever.......

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Admittedly, I do not know the rules. Vendors pay money to advertise at VCCA, all should either pay or just advertise free within this forum.

When I had a service to sell/advertise, I paid. JMHO.

Consider joining VCCA, it's a fine club.

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Hi Bob G,

I didn't see your post from yesterday until just now. Where you asked me about this Smallhurst situation. Sorry to be slow....

I still feel pretty much the same as I did a few months back when Smallhurst started this thread. At that time I posted the following....

"This strikes me as more-or-less an advertisement. However, it is presented in a non-offensive manner. An impending rate increase has long been used as an inducement to buy. Maybe some of the other chat folks will see your messsage and act upon it."

Like you, and Smallhurst, I don't know the "rules." I have noticed in the past that the Head Editor, Bill B, has deleted some blatant, strident, offensive, etc. "ads" that other guys have sneaked in here. ON THE OTHER HAND, Smallhurst's "ads" come across more like he's simply providing info. He seems like a decent guy. He comes recommended by several chat members; is an admitted car guy and is NOT offensive in any way. At least not to me. And apparently not to Bill B either. I feel the situation would best be described as "OK." I'm obviously not in charge; that's just my feeling about the situation.....

Bill.

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Mr Smallhurst is providing a service not a product. You go through him to purchase Kelsey's products. He does not handle the product or keep an inventory or have a store. He has been known to go to Kelsey & pick up products if he knows he will be at the same event where purchaser will be. Another way he helps out. When you recieve your tires, they come from Kelsey not Smallhurst. We should not look at him as a vendor but a service provider.
What if someone posted on here that they can get a 30% discount at the Filling Station & they can do this for everybody? Knowing you needed a Filling Station product, do you call the Filling Station? In today's economy maybe, but maybe not. You want the product & you want your car done & enjoying it. I'm going to call the guy who can get me the discount.....Joe

1968 Z/28 Camaro
1969 SS 396 Camaro
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
4 members (p.k., corvaired, chevy b, BearsFan315), 88 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
SabrinaKarras, Speedy1
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,071
Posts429,077
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.