Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
45nut Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]

Well tags expired in '97 after I drove it home and got the stupid idea to convert it from a gen to a alt and got sidetracked and time got the better of it. The entire harness was dried and brittle beyond hope. I am currently trying to adapt in a wiring harness from a 1977 nova I had and parted out.

A more recent view:
[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]

She is slowly coming back together and will buy a permanent plate and register her as a antique. Vin and body plate ID her as a dec 41 truck,, and in better shape that I am for sure at 20 yrs its junior.

I hope to find some good info here,, is there a wiring thread that covers the basics?

Currently in my stock,, 1942 1 1/2Ton Truck, 77 Shorty Van, 86 Camaro and 88 1/2T Cheyennne and my dog,, border collie/aus shep mix named,,, Chevy.
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
45nut
Welcome to Chevy Chatter.
You have come a long way (and further than me) in a relatively short time frame.
There will be someone here that can supply the information you need when you ask.
If the wires are brittle replace all of the wiring.
Why are you changing to the Nova Alternator?
This will mean changing the whole system from 6v to 12v.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
45nut Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
yeah,, I am in the process of converting it to a 12v system,, in too far now to reverse the tide.
the 77 nova harness was just a short cut I thought! Well,, it is complete but I am having a hard time deciphering the schematic.. oh well,, nothing that can't be overcome I think.

I am also in search of a seat for it,, it had a pair of buckets scabbed in that just aint gonna work.

Currently in my stock,, 1942 1 1/2Ton Truck, 77 Shorty Van, 86 Camaro and 88 1/2T Cheyennne and my dog,, border collie/aus shep mix named,,, Chevy.
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
I understand what you are saying about the schematics (mud maps) some can be difficult to read especially when there is more than 10 pages of it.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.