Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
Sunday was my return to touring with the S. Ont. region, after a 20 year hiatus. It was also Megan's first time out. We toured through the Niagara Peninsula, with stops at the Devil's Punch Bowl (a local geological feature), Beamers Falls, and a picnic at Balls Falls and historic settlement. The tour totaled 62.4 miles, and driving time was Mapquested to 2 hrs and 21 minutes... although some of us did a little extra with one missed turn! To Gerry Boyes' defence, it was when a tour bus got between him and Longmuir's Covette, so he didn't see them turn. He helped us out with a free carwash by turning around in a huge puddle! wink I assumed it was going to be Meg and I on the side of the road with my shift linkage troubles earlier in the week, but it turned out to be the Beaudin's turn, with a broken U-joint. Like true VCCA troopers, they managed to hitch a ride home, and still showed up in time for Bar-B-que at the Rozon's! Nine couples attended with seven beautiful Chevies. Pearce/Langley, 51 2dr; Boyes, 48 pickup; Lampkin, 64 Impala conv; Longmuir, 80 Corvette, Beaudin,53 2dr; Pettitt,58 Apache; Rozon,53 4dr; Gajdacs and Worron, modern.

I would like to thank the Rozon's for putting on a perfect tour and day, and thank the members for making Meg and I feel welcome on our first tour. I would also like to urge many of our younger members to get out there and join a region or attend a tour.... These folks know how to throw a good time!

As promised, here's the pictures...

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s84/brewsterg6/VCCA%20June%202010/

[Linked Image from i150.photobucket.com]

Last edited by brewster; 06/14/10 01:41 PM.

Those accustomed to the finest...find it in Chevrolet.
1953 Belair Convertible
1951 2dr Deluxe Sedan
2015 GMC SLE 4X4
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Brewster,

Good write up. Nice photos also. Always good to hear the stories and see
the pix of these old Chevy's out on a fun tour!

Bill.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.