Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#113377 01/01/08 09:06 PM
ahood Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
greetings to all of chevy land! my question is as follows; restore or rod!one piece rear door! i have only seen '58 delray sedan deliveries as hot rods! i have just found one without the engine and transmission. vin says six cyl with three on the tree! these were sold to the government in low numbers. how many are left,who knows! how many were built,nothing definative! are they only hot rods now because they aren't worth restoring? sincer thanks for your time and imput! please let me know what your take is by emailing me at ah5foot19@sbcglobal.net

Wilwood Engineering1955-1957

Willwood Engineering

Wilwood Engineering designs and manufactures high-performance disc brake systems.
Wilwood Engineering, Inc. - 4700 Calle Bolero - Camarillo, CA 93012 - (805) 388-1188

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
My understanding is the majority were six cylinders. The were mainly used as light delivery vehicles for florists, dry cleaners and other small businesses.

They have not been very popular because most VCCA members don't know that they were built. I think that a restored example would get a bunch of attention at a VCCA or other event. As is the case with other trucks they are becoming much more popular.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Restored Original would be the way to go. You own a piece of history.

Bill

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
I'd say restore it also. Production figures are quit low on sedan deliveries & through out the years they've been used up & thrown away. Today, those cars are very rare & wanted. I have several early sd's that were done just that & now it's time to give them back there identity. People building street rods don't care of the rarity of the car being built as most of them are belly button cars anyways, i.e. 350 wit a 350 turbo. As stated you would have a piece of history when the car was completed.
In ref to your comment about "is it worth more one way or another?" Well, here's thoughts of a lot of people here. You do it for the love of the car & if you're just building it to sell.....well....I don't know how you would make money one way or the other. If done correctly is very expensive & take lots of time. Good luck....Joe

See America's First...Chevrolet

1931 Sedan Delivery 31570
1933 Standard Sports Coupe 33628.
1934 Master Sedan Delivery Canadian 177/34570
1968 Z/28 Camaro
1969 SS 396 Camaro
ahood Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
thanks to all who responded to my query! restoration is always the best and preservation of history is my goal! i have done a bunch of cars in my time, but have never seen a stock '58 sedan delivery! i considered putting a BBC and turbo in it until hearing from this group! they set my mind straight! i am now looking for a 1958 235 and manual trans if you know of any! i have been doing hudsons and packards for years, but have driven and restored vintage chevrolets from the beginning! bowties for ever! thanks!

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
ahood, thanks for not choping this car up...Oscar :) :)

OSCAR ALBRETSEN
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
HELLO,I JUST JOINED,I HAVE AN OG 58 SEDAN DELIVERY I'VE OWNED SINCE 1966,PAID 350.00 BACK THEN, STILL WORKING ON IT,MADE IT INTO A GROUND SCRAPING CRUISER,AIR BAGGED,SKIRTS, FAT WHITES ETC.I'M LOOKING FOR THE INSIDE UPPER TAILGATE TENSION ROD ASSY.ALSO I HAVE SOME USABLE (GOOD COND) SDE TRIM FOR SALE & MANY OTHER 58 GOOD USED PARTS.MY CAR ISN'T FOR SLE BUT YOU CAN SEE IT,ENTER NAME ,RIK HOVING IN SEARCH WINDOW,FIND 58 CHEV CUSTOM CARS, YOU'LL SEE IT THERE. I LOVE MY CAR & HAVE NO PLANS TO SELL IT, PROBABLY THE ONLY LOWRIDING 58 DELIVERY AROUND.THANX , THIN MAN

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
58 CHEV SEDAN DELIVERY PRODUCTION.THE 1171 6 CYL PROD. FIG'S 7,466 THESE CARS ARE CONSIDERED TO BE RARE, HARD TO FIND,MINE HAS BEEN COMPLTEELY APART TO JUST A SHELL ON A FRAME, BECAUSE IT WAS 100% OG & ALL THERE, I MOSTLY JUST RE-COND EVERYTHING & PUT THE CAR BACK TOGETHER,ALL GLASS EXCEPT TAIL GATE HAS BEEN REPLACED , CAR RUNS A SWEET REBUILT 235 /CORVETEE FACTORY SPLIT MANIFOLD/ 18" GLASS PACKS, ALL EXT. TRIM HAS BEEN POLISHED TO NEW,RE-CHROMED REAR BUMPER,FAT WHITES /RUN STOCK 58 CAPS WITH CUSTOM BULLET CENTERS,3 ON THE TREE/ OVERDRIVE,LAKE PIPES,CUSTOM STEREO SYSTEM,AIR RIDE,CUSTOM BUCKET SEATS,SKIRTS,LOTS OF NEW STUFF ETC. HOPE TO PAINT IT THIS YR ! I'M A PINSTRIPER BY TRADE & IT'S GONNA BE COOL WHEN IT'S DONE !

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I am working on a 58 Sedan Delivery and looking for some latches and parts information on the 1171 do you have any information that might help me?

Larry Rogers Sr

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.