Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Speedy1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Just wanted to let all VCCA members to not do business with a company called Tool Paradise.com / SprayGunWorld.com. I order approx. $600.00 worth of paint equipment from them and received nothing in return. I then did what I should have at 1st, Googled them and found this has been going on since at least 2005. How can a company like this stay on the net. I reported them to IC3.gov but that does nothing for my $600.00 loss. sick blush stressed willy

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. B.F.
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
Bummer. If you paid with credit card, contact your credit card company and report that you did not receive the goods paid for and they will investigate and likely reverse the charges.

1938 Canadian Pontiac Business Coupe (aka a 1938 Chevy Coupe with Pontiac shaped front sheet metal - almost all Chevy!)
1975 4-speed L82 Vette
Speedy1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Originally Posted by canadiantim
Bummer. If you paid with credit card, contact your credit card company and report that you did not receive the goods paid for and they will investigate and likely reverse the charges.
I was going to do this but did not figure it would do any good.
I had used a debit card to fund a Paypal account thinking I was protecting my card number, which I did, but figured I had out smarted myself as far as getting any reimbursement from my bank since the Paypal account was a ligitimate transaction. However, it appears that my bank is going to reimburse my loss. They apparently are very good as to reinbursing internet fraud.

Thanks to canadiantim for the urging!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. B.F.
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
Awesome!

1938 Canadian Pontiac Business Coupe (aka a 1938 Chevy Coupe with Pontiac shaped front sheet metal - almost all Chevy!)
1975 4-speed L82 Vette
Speedy1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Success, Tool Paradise/Paint Gun World is out of business!!!! ok dance yay yay dance

Speedy1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Well, my bank was not as good at reimbursing internet fraud as they let on. I received nothing as they said no error occurred. To add insult to injury, judgement in the Paypal dispute was in my favor, but since there is no cash in the David Y. Nakatsu 1118 S. Wilton Place Los Angeles,CA 90019-3540 DBA Tool Paradise/Spray Gun Worlds Paypal account, I receive squat. Just a reminder to Google and research thoroughly before ording from anyone you don't know. I will be even more careful than before. A legitimate looking website does not equal a legitimate business.
blush stressed greenman sick willy

Last edited by Speedy1; 05/26/09 06:20 PM.

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Yep, that sounds like PayPal!

Also, I am familar with the address. That is not in a good part of town therefore that area of Wilton Place would be highly suspect.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000

I fail to see where PayPal went wrong. He said they found in his favor. If there is no money in their account, that is not PayPal's fault.

Agrin devil

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

Speedy1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
PayPal is a safer way to shop as far as giving up your credit card info to someone who would use it in an unauthorized manner. They don't protect your money though! But they are awfully sorry for my loss!!! croc

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
If I recall correctly (it's been a long time since I set up my PayPal account), PayPal requires a credit card, but you can specify either a bank account or credit card as principal payment, with the other as a back-up. If the credit card was used as the principle payment in this case, contact the credit card company directly and tell them you never received the goods and are contesting the charges. PayPal found in your favor, but if the 'Seller' has no money in his account, there's no money to repay you.

If you used a bank account for payment, then I'm afraid you're scr*w*d.

-BowTie Bob
Speedy1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Yes, I'm out of luck. I was really looking forward to Painting with that Devilbiss gun with the 3 stage Devilbiss air filter/dryer system. I hope that guy needed my money worse than I wanted the Painting system. Well, Maybe someday.

I know I will be a lot more careful from now on. I had looked at the TCP Global website a lot and that site looked a lot like the Tool Paradise site and I had seen discussions on this site about TCP Global, so I think I just didn't show the caution that I normally would thinking that they were the same. What a costly mistake!

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Email me a list of what Devilbiss items you need and I will quote you a fair price. It may even be less money.

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
I don’t quite understand what’s going on here. Stealing $600 from you and obviously from others, whether it is on the Internet or out of your living room constitutes Grand Theft in most states. Why isn’t the law arresting them and prosecuting them if they are running a series of scams on the public?

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
When a crime of theft is done the person that is the victum has to file charges on the thief, or get the District Attourney to do so. But they have to be found first. You can't put an email address or a URL in jail.
When you pay with a Visa Debit or credit card you should notify them as soon as possible to get the charges on your card reversed. Yes, the Internet is a good place to get skinned or screwed whichever you feel about it.
I think that the mission statement of many of the scammers is ....
" A fool and his money is soon parted!"

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
But at the end of an email address or ULR is someone who is paying for it or registered it, that shouldn't be all that difficult to find.
But on the other hand, we’ve given our experts Billions and Billions of dollars to spend on sophisticated satellites, flying drones, night vision goggles and cameras that can see a mouse walking across the street anywhere in the whole entire world in the middle of a moonless night, and we still can’t find one guy that has been living in a cave for a decade either. Boy, the law sure doesn’t have a problem finding me if I go eight miles an hour over the speed limit though.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Last edited by Denny Graham; 05/28/09 06:48 PM.
Speedy1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Gene,
My paint gun / air dry system will have to wait for a couple of years now I suspect. I used money received from an insurance claim and was fixing my own vehicle which gave me the money to purchase the equipment. I repaired the damage but am not going to paint the Toyota now and will also not have use of it for the 30 coupe either which really irks me. I have an old old Buffalo model 7 Binks copy that I could use but it will need rebuilt to get any kind of quality from it at all. I am in the process of building a garage and all my funds are going to be consumed in that for now. When I get the funds I will certainly contact you for a quote. Thanks.

Speedy1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Denny,
I could file a small claims case against this guy and I would absolutely without a doubt get judgement in my favor but there is no inforcing body for small claims so it would be worth about double maybe even triple what my PayPal victory is worth. I believe anything under $3000.00 must be taken care of in small claims and as mentioned above I likely wouldn't get the money even if it were my neighbor let alone some guy who has no conscience in Los Angeles, CA. I googled him after realizing my error and he had been doing this since at least 2005. Also there is a suit against him for using SATA trademarks with out permission. I suppose he had no permission to use anything on his website. My Bad I should have checked before ordering. I usually do, but not this time unfortunately. IC3.com a internet watchdog of sorts seemed my only resolve in this case. I don't know if my complaints got his site removed or not but he did take it down and it only gives an appology to all of his loyal customers from over the years, those who were ripped off I guess.

The irony in this, if I would have left him to continue there may have been some money in his PayPal account for me to get my money back. I didn't care I just wanted to stop him from ripping off people.

Speedy1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Mr. Mack,
I don't think he would be too hard to find. I believe the address I posted above is his home address. His business address is 7100 Hayvenhurst Ave Ste E, Van Nuys, CA 91406.

Of course this all could be a sham as well but I looked it up on Google Earth and they are 28 miles apart and it isn't out of the realm of reality. The Business looks to be in a business district and the residence looks to be in a very nice neighborhood.

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
You know there should be a scam buster squad in ever city that could get substanciated evidence of these internet scamers and go into their negiborhoods and have signs posted on their cars or in the bed of pickup trucks with
"Mr. ________ _____________
who lives at 1234 Sana Scam st.
ripped off my friend__________ for $3000
scamming to sell a paintgun setup on
WWW.Paradise.com!"

maybe they could could sell memberships for a few dollars per month.

According to Google Earth the address is just West of V. N. Airport 123 Meters South of Sherman ( 7100 Hayvenhurst Ave Ste E, Van Nuys, CA 91406.)
in a office retail building with multiple clients. His residence is just as eazy to locate.

Speedy1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I agree that's a good idea, but we have a good tool right here on Chevy Chatter II. It's called Venders and Suppliers. We should use it every chance we get to let others know of both good and Bad parts and services we receive from venders. Good service is as important to know about as bad service. Mr. Mack, where might I find an application to join that club?

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Speedy1: You might find this kinda sorta interesting:

http://losangeles.blockshopper.com/property/5081026003/1118_s_wilton_place/

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

Speedy1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
So, he was either renting from the Cho's, related to the Cho's or just living with the Cho's or he was lying. Which might it be? Thanks, JYD that just confirms everything about this was likely fabricated.

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Could be all of the above....or none of the above. When I first saw the address that you posted I knew it was in a bad part of LA since I used to live there once upon a time.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

Speedy1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Well, now I am really confused. My bank acted like they were very good about restoring lost funds to customers scammed out of their money by internet fraud, but then I received a letter saying no error had occurred and It appeared no money was going to return to my account. Today I check my bank account and there the money is back in my account. Looks like they came through after all. I will keep an eye on it for a few days to make sure it doesn't vaporize again and just Thank God that maybe my ignorance has been forgiven this time. Thanks to all who allowed me to talk through my frustrations here.

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
That's cool. It sounds like you may have lucked out!

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Maybe a "Vintage Chevrolet Anti-Spamer & Ebay Car Check-out group" could be formed within the Non-Geographical Chat Group or anyone that is a VCCA member to help out our VCCA members nation-wide? For some future pay back we could do that service. (unofficial of course)

Just look up the user's list and send them a PM. Who knows? maybe we could do each other a favor now and then.
We could set some ground rules, like just pass on (FO) factual info and what we believe as "JMH" (Just my hunch) What we saw, when we saw it, and where we saw it, what the seller "said"

Anyone want to comment?

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
and if you want to GPS the residence ( 1118 S. Wilton Place Los Angeles,CA )
it is very near

34*03' 02.24 N
118*18'52.20 W

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.