Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
The headlight switch (reproduction) for my 59 Apache has a short little fuse with the very thin wire that is in the holder at the rear of the switch. What circuit does it actually protect? My guess is the dash lights as mine do not work and I see the little fuse is blown. It is a brand new reproduction harness so I must have something installed wrong. Seems strange to fuse the switch with such a little fuse so it can't be headlights/stoplights etc right? Thanks

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Thats correct, its for the dash lights. Try another fuse. If I remember correctly it was a 2 amp. The rest of the lights are protected by a circuit breaker in the head light switch.

Gene Schneider
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Okay thanks. I need to check and see what size bulbs go in those 4 dash light sockets as the 57 size bulbs I used seem to keep blowing the thin small fuse. Everything else looks good so I must be the problem. Ralph

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.