Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 2,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 2,000
A new region in Southern Illinois is being considered. Let the discussion begin on the feasibility and interest in forming a new local region in the Southern Illinois Area. Let's hear from all of you.

Dave
VCCA Area #7 Director

the toolman
60th Anniversary Meet Chairperson
Dave
VCCA # L 28873
VCCA #83 Tool Technical Advisor for 1914-1966
VCCA #83 1940 Chevrolet Technical Advisor
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi everybody I'm Bill Shubert I live in Johnston city Illinois.I would like to get a region started in Southern Illinois. I'm working on a 29 1/2 ton pick up. I have talked with VCCA Area #7 Director Dave Miner and VCCA President Don Williams, they have given the OK to start this region. I am looking for VCCA members in Southern Illinois that would like to get together for local tours, shows, and family fun. If your interested you can contact me email popsgarage@live.com or on my cell 618/889/7377 or leave a post and I will contact you. I will push my CHEVY before I drive a ford.

Go formal drive a bowtie.
pops29
VCCA#44526
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Bill,

I might suggest you come to the Central Meet in Cincinnati, Ohio July 16-20, 2008. You could look for Illinois vehicles and talk with the owners. This might give you a good start.

I wish you GOOD LUCK.

See you Touring the Back Roads

Joined VCCA June 1, 1961
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Back Roads,

Thanks for the suggestion a good fun idea. I will mark it on my personal calendar. I do not know if the 29 could make it she is road worthy on 8 to 10 mi. trips bot has a lot of work before she could tour. and she may never show but I have hopes. any one else with ideas I would be glad to hear from you as I am new to this the VCCA is my 1st car club and the 29 is my 1st try at restoring an old car.
I'll push my CHEVY before I drive a ford.
pops29

pops29
VCCA#44526
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Southern Illinois:
I had a VCCA member in Benton Il. call me to day we need 10 more.

pops29
VCCA#44526
ChatMaster - 2,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 2,000
Hello pops29:

There must be alot of VCCA members who read our great G&D and are just waiting for a chance to join a local region. If you can't drive the old 29 truck to the Central Meet in Cincinnati, maybe you could stop by for the banquet on Saturday evening and make a pitch for a new Illinois region? Also, an article is coming out in the G&D concerning the forming of a southern Illinois region. That will reach VCCA members that are not now local region members.
Good luck with your bid to form a new region. With an 8,000 member VCCA family, there are alot of members out there who probably would enjoy a local region.
Dave
Area #7 Director

the toolman
Dave
VCCA # L 28873
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi toolman,

I'm as excited as a kid in a penny candy store with a whole dime in my pocket. I have a good feeling about this new region in Southern Illinois. and if you want to know how down to earth we are in Southern Illinois just abbreviate the two words and you get SO.IL.

pops29
VCCA#44526
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Is it going to be the SO IL Region

See you Touring the Back Roads

Joined VCCA June 1, 1961
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Back Roads

Sounds good the SO IL Region but I think all the charter members should give their input as to a name this will not be a one man region because the lord knows I can't do it by my self I'll need all the help I can get even some from other regions as to what needs to be done to make this region a success. so any bodies input is welcome.

pops29
VCCA#44526
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I know there are a lot of Chevy people out there that us this chat room for info that are not VCCA members if you are in the Southern Illinois area and would like to join and be apart of a new region call me or Email and I will help get you joined up. or go to the home page and click on the join link.

pops29
VCCA#44526
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I'm still trying to start a new region in Southern Illinois. We are up to three if any one would like to help start a region in So. IL. Please contact me at popsgarage@live.com. Any one just across the rivers in Kentucky or Missouri would also be welcome.

pops29
VCCA#44526
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
HEY EVERYBODY!
Check out the piece in the May G&D on staring a new region in Southern Illinois. I have not seen it as of yet but hear the G&D staff did a great job as always. I look forward to hear from all members. Mostly from members in So. Il. that want to get a region started. I have only been a member 7 months but this is a great club.

pops29
VCCA#44526
ChatMaster - 2,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 2,000
Hello pops29. Your blue 1929 Chevy truck looks great in the G&D and it looks like it would be fun to drive. Good luck in looking for members to join with you in starting a new region in Southern Illinois. With the price of gas going up and up, more members might be looking to join region closer to home.
dave

the toolman
Dave
VCCA # L 28873
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi Dave,

We had the local car show today it was in conjunction with ministerial alliance annual street jam. I talked with several people about the VCCA and a local region here in So. IL. a couple of them talked like the might be interested. I will follow up with in a week or so. When I start something failure is not an option. I only quit when everyone goes the other direction when they see me coming. and then only because no one will talk to me.

I'm not really that bad but I do keep trying.

pops29
VCCA#44526
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Southern Illinois Region of the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America,Inc.

A group of Chevrolet enthusiasts dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all Chevrolets.

We are from Southern Illinois Region I 64 South River to River . And anyone else who would like to join.

I am glad to see the SO Il. Region is still on the board. I am also happy to see that they are working to keep the VCCA pictorial Calendar going. I feel good enough about it to send them a check for 3 calendars at $11.00 each. Mail the checks to:

soilvcca
P O Box 1052
Herrin, IL 62948

Check out their website:

http://www.soilvcca.com/index.html

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Hey Mack--I called and talked to Bill Shubert, the Director of the Southern Illinois Region #7 club and we are discussing and planning a joint club tour sometime this spring or early summer with the tour ending up at a wine garden with live band, dancing and all sorts of sinful goings on. He said his club only has one prewar car while our club has 55%, it should be an interesting get-to-gether!!
Anyone reading this who wants a nice VCCA 2009 Calendar see Mack`s posting above to order. This new club has taken the job of selling them.

hoppy
Ron Hopkins (vcca#41170)
Director, Greater St. Louis Area Region #5

Last edited by n2chev; 12/24/08 01:07 PM.

"Four-Doors-Forever"
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Hey Hoppy, That sounds exciting about the tour, however I have given up Wine except for Communion service. I could prepare a nice lesson for the congregation, about the evils of partaking of too much wine, and some other stuff.

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.