Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
OP Offline
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Sometime next week I will coordinate a relatively large upgrade of some of the modules of the Chat site. In order to play it safe, I'll have to bring the system down for a couple of hours... maybe 5 or 6 to be safe.

Right now I'm leaning towards Tuesday evening (Pacific Time) 11/20/07.

After that it will take a bit of configuration on my part in order to release the new features... At this time I think that I am going to be able to restrict it to VCCA Members only. I have an idea on how to do this along with the help of some other members in the Chat Region who have volunteered to help out.

It may take a while to get it all sorted and in place, but it should be a pleasant surprise and it will make one action much, much easier for a lot of you.

More later as we get closer.

:vcca:

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
OP Offline
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
I have found what I think is the last problem to the recent upgrade... our MYSQL database version is too old and the PHP scripting language generator is too old... (sort of sounds like most of us, huh?)
bigl

I have just submitted a request to our host company to install the newest versions of both of these... It may occur within the next couple of hours. I stayed up late to find the problem and get it fixed while we have the least traffic on line.

Hopefully when I awake tomorrow...er, later this morning, we'll have the newer versions and all of our code problems will have gone away!!

Nighty night. snore

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Hey Bill, You keep upgradeing what seems to be great to start with and here comes more good stuff. Thanks for all your work.

Sal Orlando
Chat Group Region Member

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.