Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Just an idea but if we had a secure link here for a virtual G&D magazine instead of a paper G&D for the international members maybe it would keep international members and encourage other international memberships; otherwise I fear the increase in mailing costs will cost the VCCA international memberships, IHMO. :(

People are like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get...
Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Louis C
Just a note to let you know that Bill Barker and I have discussed this and several other ideas that would utilize new electronic technology to deliver the G&D. I have forwarded several ideas to the BOD and we are currently discussing these along with other options for delivering the G&D.

As a footnote, let me tell you how beneficial it is to me as a Board member to be part of this group. I greatly appreciate the diversity of opinions and want to support the positive framework that members have used in sharing their ides. Keep up the great work

Leigh Wilcox
Area III Director

Leigh Wilcox
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
The coming membership fee(double) for International members can exclude a lot, but if VCCA BOD really turn around, installing a database to give all members more and fast service on the web, quite a lot will stay even with a double cost. It is the total value of what the members get in the club which is making a member staying or not.

It may be too late to arrange for the database to come in 2 or 3 years, and the cost is rather low, even for what VCCA needs of capacity. So go on and get the job done! dance

Solan G, # 32797

Take advantage in your hobby by being member of VCCA!

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
From reading the minutes of the BOD meeting and the Prez's message in the new G&D it sounds like there are some really cool and interesting and good changes (IMHO) are in store for the VCCA in the near future.

yipp cool yipp

Last edited by Louis C.; 06/08/07 06:45 PM.

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Still no sign of the April and May issues, but may be a glimpse of sunshine tomorrow???
Another point to mention: The BOD/or other VCCA officers must sort out and deal with the newly created problems with the G&D postages. International members are now getting the issues 1st class delivery, and even long before domestic areas. But we are not paying for that excellent speedy delivery. To cover the new postage the membership fee will have to end at USD 100 - 120/year, and an extra bill will have to be sent out, to compensate for the extra USD 1000 per issue already effective.

Or the membership will have to be divided in one fee including G&D, and one excluding the magazines, but all other rights. I am mentioning this because the question has to be solved to a satisfying solution for all members, domestic or International, and SOON. :eek: curse

Solan G, # 32797

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
The BOD understands the economic issue presented by the change in postal rates and mailing options. Both membership without G&D subscription and with (including mailing options) are being considered. I am sure that the BOD members would appreciate relavent comments from members particularily from Canadian and International. They are the ones that will have the greatest $$$ impact from first class mailing cost. I am sure that they don't want to see international membership take a precipitous drop.

Then there is the problem of getting the G&D online and its impact to domestic members if Internationals get the ads first and don't pay anything for the G&D. Glad I don't have to make those decisions. I am sure someone will get upset.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Just a note to let you know that Bill Barker and I have discussed this and several other ideas that would utilize new electronic technology to deliver the G&D. I have forwarded several ideas to the BOD and we are currently discussing these along with other options for delivering the G&D.

It sounds like the powers that be are working hard on the problem; wish they would use us here on Chatter as a sounding board.

IMHO I think that if they involved us in some of the discussions we could help them with some ideas and suggestions and maybe even some solutions. This way the people working on the problem would get almost immediate feedback from the general membership and more importantly from the overseas members who are affected the most.

I mean after all we are members of the VCCA who care about the VCCA and the membership and we have a broad range of expertise in many different professions and occupations to draw from, IMHO.

Thank you for your posting Leigh.

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Finally the G&D from April and May arrived today. It is a bit difficult to understand why the April issue, for some Norwegian members, arrived same day as June(first class mail) already 2 weeks ago while other members got it as I did.

Hopefully there will be a sensible solution for all members within end of this year as to the G&D distribution, the database/membership pages, the fee, etc.

I have spoken to some members here already and they are not very pleased with the possible situation of (near to) 3 times the present fee, even if they get a first class mail.

Solan G, # 32797

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
IMHO I think that perhaps a choice of G&D delivery should be offered, at extra cost, not only to International members but to the USA members as well.
For me it is not important when my copy arrives, except for the chance of a little joshing here at VCCA Chat!
I get a good read no matter how old the copy!
chevy
>
>
>
>
>
Sorry!....Almost forgot!....June 28th....July G&D arrived today! yay yay yay yay

(.)(.) ( Y ) (.)(.) ( Y ) (.)(.) ( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
For me it is not important when my copy arrives, except for the chance of a little joshing here at VCCA Chat!

C'mon KS...........July G&D in June????......across the big pond?????? devil Pretty soon you'll be selling vacation land in Florida!!! wink

ken48
VCCA 42589

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I understand people's frustration with the G&D delivery, as it's my favorite piece of mail each month and I want to make sure that I continue to get it in magazine form each month. I have almost every issue back to January 1963.

I know a number of people that are members only to get the G&D. Actually, the majority of the membership does not participate in meets or regions at all. They get the G&D and enjoy it. They don't want anything else.

I am also reminded that most of our members are not computer users. We have very few members that can navagate a computer very well. I believe that the regular users of this chat site are the minority of our membership.

I am a life member of this club, and it will be interesting to see how this topic is handled. I know that our board has alot on their plates, and they do realize the heavy burden of the decisions that they make on each of these issues.

Chris
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Originally Posted by ken48

C'mon KS...........July G&D in June????......across the big pond?????? devil Pretty soon you'll be selling vacation land in Florida!!! wink

Psssstt! Anybody wanna buy prime site, Okefenokee swamp?
Yup! They moved it to Florida!

But!
How dare you sir? Passing disparaging remarks on this poor soul!
And
Thank you sir! For thinking I have the intelligence to think that one up! :whistle: :)

June 29th, July front cover 1919 490...Back cover 1970 El Camino!

Nearly forgot...Thanks Jean & Dennis! wink

(.)(.) ( Y ) (.)(.) ( Y ) (.)(.) ( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Wow!! blush blush blush

Shame on me for doubting......... wink :cry: stressed...and hooray for you!!!!

ken48
VCCA 42589

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Shame on you for doubting????

Hardly, Ken.

As I recall, he did the same thing re the May G and D. One time it's a 'joke.' The next time it's for real. How would anyone know what to belive (or doubt).....

Bill.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.